Saturday, July 16, 2011

In Love...

Where to begin...Australia is amazing!! I mean the 15 hour flight from LA was crazy long and boring but it was a double decker plane with endless free food and movies.  After arriving in Sydney we had to go through customs and then take another 3 hour flight to Cairns.  I will tell you a 65-70 degree winter with little humidity was amazing.  We went to the Rainforestation the first full day we were there where I held a snake and was up close and personal with kangaroos and a koala.  We also went to Cape Tribulation and a nice little boat ride where we saw crocs in there natural habitat which was interesting.  We then helped in the community by helping clean up Mission Beach which is one of the beaches hit hard during the cyclone 5 months ago.  We talked to a local Dylan who was honestly one of the funniest people I've ever met.  Finally the last day we spent the whole day out on the Great Barrier Reef which was honestly the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  I went snorkeling for a bit and got to see some crazy fish and coral.  Coral is actually brown which surprised me because I was expecting bright colored coral.

I am blessed to have an amazing LaTrobe Family.  Not everyone from the first week was from our school, but everyone was really fun.  Our small LaTrobe group instantly became a close knit family which has been a great support as we have started to move in at school and get settled in.  Rachel, a girl I saw was from StL before I left, and I became friends quite quickly which is exciting because I will get to see her pretty face when I get back...how lucky!!  

So as you can probably guess I am now in Melbourne which is where I am going to school for the next 5 months.  School down here is SOOO different than in the States with at least half of your grade relying on one huge final so oh boy!!...NOT! Thank the good Lord that it is pass/fail.  But other than school everything else is absolutely amazing!! My dorm is amazing!! Everyone who I have met so far is crazy awesome!  I am one of two international students, the other being from England.  

Funny story...they all knew I was married by the "Mrs." on my housing but didn't know if I marked it on accident, so they tried looking me up on Facebook.  I am on like top notch private so they couldn't find me and literally thought I was this 40 year old married woman coming back to school. haha So, when they met me they were relieved to say the least.  I probably didn't tell that story great but it was really funny.

Ok this is getting long, so I will post about my city adventures tomorrow because we are going back down! :)  I miss you all very very much and please keep me up to date on your lives too!!  Talk to you soon....   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment