Friday, November 11, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun...Unfortunately

I think this month with exams happening has made me realize that school this semester is almost over, but it hadn't really hit me that I am going really soon.  Don't get me wrong I am definitely excited to go home and see Scott, my family, and my amazing friends, but leaving here is going to be tough.  Tomorrow Val, who I have hung out with a ton while here, is going home and it just makes me realize that I too will be leaving soon.  Val is luckily from South Dakota (which I never thought I would say someone living there is lucky) so I will get to see her while I'm home for sure.  Megan, a girl on my floor, also went home today and thank goodness she'll be back to hang out but still to see her leave was rough because we got close throughout the semester.

Things I WILL miss in Australia...
*the amazing people at Menzies and especially A1
*the delicious sticky date pudding (that I will ATTEMPT to make when I get home)
*the kangaroos, koalas, and wombats
*having a common room to hang out with so many amazing people
*the positive attitudes of most people in Australia
*the amusement of my American accent
*the beautiful cities and beaches
*the public transport...its nice to go anywhere in the city as an international without a car
*Tim-Tams
*dressing up for so many events
*having so many amazing social events
*long conversations with the girls on the A1 staircase
*Queen Victoria Market

Things I WON'T miss...
*the birds!!!!
* Vegemite
*seeing Asians EVERYWHERE!
*the horrible classes
*my Pocahontas looking comforter
*the prison looking resident rooms...no matter how many pictures I add it's still boring
*food stealers...you're welcome to who ever enjoyed my cheese all semester
*the GIANT flies and cockroaches
*how there seems to be a cloudy period almost everyday
*the smell of the stagnant moat in the middle of campus
*the outrageous prices of everything
*Goon  
*the ridiculous Australian TV shows, or lack there of

I'm just going to miss it here...it is 11/11/11 however so maybe I can wish that all of these lovely people will come and see me in the States at some point :)

No comments:

Post a Comment